Since the test came back positive.
The test I took to get the nagging thought out of my mind.
A thought that I know now was a prompting.
We were having a baby.
I was going to be a Mom again.
20 weeks... that would become just 16 short weeks away.
I will never forget feeling him move as I told Scott.
As he sat there in shock... mouth literally dropped to the floor.
You cannot know. Unless you have been there.
Unless you have done every treatment possible.
Unless you have done four rounds of failed invitro. Failed.
Unless you have been waiting for years for someone to choose you.
You cannot know what this meant to our family.
But I am sure you can Imagine.
Really there are no words.
Our family is all the better with him in our family.
We have so much love for one another.
It has grown more than I can measure.
Watching Abby be the big sister.... I see myself in her. I love it so much.
Watching my husband father a son. More Joy than I can stand.
Taking care of my children. Its what I always imagined.
Hard. Exhausting. And more rewarding than I have words for.
I. We. Are so very grateful.
We celebrated with family pictures of course.
Our new forever changed forever family.
I guess its a tradition now... the shot of Scott and I taken by Abby... I think its in her blood!
My amazing sister... that allows me to boss her around as she tries to get the shot I am picturing... She is way to good to us!

























3 comments:
*tears!* I feel so lucky we were your clients when all this happened - to witness your amazing story, in real time. What a precious family you have.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
You have such a wonderful family, Maria! I love your post, your thoughts. Thank you for sharing your family and love with us. =)
Post a Comment