Thursday, September 07, 2006

Abby's Fun Toy







So I promised pictures of Abby's cute walker and here they are! Most of the time she really loves it, except for when she is being especially stubborn. But here she is modeling it for you Kelli so you can see if you think it would be good for Davis. We especially love the blocks that come inside. Scott and I sit accross the room from each other and take turns trying to throw them in to a small basket and have contests to see who can get the most in. It sounds dumb but it is actually quite entertaining.
The other day I got on a picture taking kick and decided to take pictures of Abby's cute room for her Scrapbook! Abby's room is definately my favorite room in the house, I could just hang out there all day! My mom helped me so much with the painting and even made the bedding for me. Abby loves playing with all of her books ( I am currently working on improving that collection) and she pretty much tears them out of her book case every day. I think that its a sign that she will be extra smart! The lighting in Abby's room is so good that I also decided to take a picture of her foot post-surgery. We are very happy with the results and are anxious to see what the next step will be next month. But She can now wear shoes which I am of course thrilled about, but Scott might not be so much. I still have to buy two different sizes so it can be hard on the budget! But we are mostly just thrilled that Abby went through the surgery with no complications and seemed to handle it all really well! It seemed as though it was much harder on us (especially Scott with his passing out) then it was on her. And I would defiantely prefer it that way. We know that it is the thoughts, prayers and fasting of family that kept Abby safe and without pain. We just pray that as she continues to grow it will continue to not be too much of an obstacle in her life.
Well today is just going to be another ordinary day. The test will be if I actually excerise because I am so sore from yesterday! I am going to help one of my young women make a magnet board so she can display it for evening in excellence. She is a real sweet heart and I am always happy to help her! Especially with a magnet board! I love making those! Well I am going to go play with my little girl before she gets tired again!

2 comments:

kellibelli said...

I LOVE HER NURSERY!!!! So cute! I watched your wedding video today....um, the song by mandi moore at the beach is mine and luke's song from when we were dating. It is our official song, and Hero by enrigue was the song we danced to at our wedding, so that is our other song..too funny. BUT I thought I was the only one who ever heard of the love song that jim brickman is playing that you have at the temple. Angel of the night.. I LOVE That song too. I loved your video so much. I am glad abby is adjusting well...you should really check out ebay for shoes...I think that freaks you out though...if you can deal with your fears there you can get GREAT Deals on shoes- we have an entire drawer filled with shoes from ebay. It was good seeing your family today. I hope it was at least a little helpful for your mom, it was beneficial for me to watch Andrews videos- to get some ideas. He is so talented. Most of all It was jsut fun to get out and do something different for a change- even though I have a feeling I will be paying for it tomorrow. I am hitting the hay because wheneve Davis goes down late for bedtime he wakes up even earlier the next morning. Love ya!
kelli

Maria said...

Thanks so much Kelli! That is so random about the songs, what are the chances!And about the shoes, I love the idea! And i actually have looked, the problem is finding the same shoe in two different sizes. I actually think I can do used shoes. We will have to see. My mom had a blast hanging out with you yesterday. I am so jealous that she gets to see my friend more than i do! I hope that Davis is being wonderful for you today and that you are having a great day!