







I really am terrible at this aren't I! Really its the whole picture thing that overwhelms me! Well so much has gone on in the last couple of weeks. Halloween was soooo much fun! We were able to track down a pumpkin patch so we could find the perfect pumpkins! There was even a corn maze! It was so much fun! Abby was such a doll and made the best strawberry ever! She hasn't really ever had candy before so when we came home she was in heaven! She sat in front of her basket and would bite on the candy with the wrapper still on, and then all the sudden you would here a Mmmmmmm sound, when she finally broke through the wrapper! It was so funny! It was really cold but other than that the weather was actually not too bad. We were sad because our road is being worked on and we didn't get many trick or treaters. So we have a ton of left over candy plus all of Abbys! the Picture of Abby in my mom's studio was taken during the peak of Abby's fever so if she doesn't look like herself that is because she is way sick!
Going home last week was really fun. It was actually a lot more relaxed than usual which was really nice. Abby adjusted better this time and did quite well with her sleeping and overall schedule. Joyce's wedding day went quite well! The sealing was beautiful and it was so nice to spend time with friends. She had her reception/ring ceremony on a river boat which was really quite fun! Except for when Joyces mom freaked out on me for bringing Abby! As I was getting on the boat she looked at me and said "you shouldn't have brought her!" It was so upsetting and of course I started crying! It suckS when someone says something about your child! I couldn't believe that she had such nerve especially since I had asked Joyce if it was okay ahead of time. And really I didn't want to bring her but I didn't know what else to do given the situation! So that made the rest of the night even more difficult. Joyce's mom doesn't even know me or my family so I really shouldn't have expected much more but I did and it was hard! Joyce looked so beautiful and overall the day was really nice!
Abby was really sick toward the end of our trip. This is the first time she has ever been sick so I am not complaining, but it really sucks! She had a fever and runny nose. She still has the cold symptoms but the fever is gone whicH is a lot less frightening! She was really hard on the plane ride home. But I was sitting next to Heather who had missed her flight the night before and got bumped to mine. It was so nice to be next to someone who could help entertain my active little girl!
Speaking of Abby she has been doing so many fun things lately! The other day she pointed to the picture above our fireplace of our whole family and said "DAD"! It was soooo funny! And now whenever I say "where is dad" she points to the picture! Even if he is in the room! I don't think it makes him to happy but I think it is so cute! Also, whenever I see a Kitty on one of her baby einstien movies I make this certain motion with my hands, kind of like I am rubbing something between my fingers. My mom has always done this so I did it too. Well we were watching a movie and a cat came on and she did the motion all be her self! It was so cute to see her copying something that I do with her little hands! And I didn't even prompt her, she did it all on her own! It was adorable! She is also able to hold her finger up when you ask her how old she is, and when you say "who is the pretty girl?" she raises her hand. I might be creating a monster but its so fun to see her grow and progress. I loved having a little baby but I am having so much fun with my little girl! She is walking really well now except for when she has her special shoes on. Her foot doctor decided to give her an orthodic to put in a special shoe that is supposed to help her walk normal. The funny thing is she walks great without the shoes and when she has the shoes on she hardly walks at all! But we are trying to keep up on the shoe thing and hopefully she will get more comfortable over time.
I am so excited for Christmas time! I can't wait to spend our first Christmas in our new home! I am a little nervous however about keeping abby away from the Christmas tree! She is so busy and I know she is going to want to get into it all the time! And I have made the mistake of having all blown glass ornaments so we will see how many survive our first Christmas with a toddler! I just love the whole season and am so excited for it to come!
Well I better get started on dinner! Talk to you all soon!
6 comments:
wow! i cannot believe joyce's mom said that to you! i am so sorry. i would have started bawling too. people have no clue sometimes. i did not realize you were in town. i am glad it was a good experience for you with abby this time. the picture on the studio looks like something straight out of a magazine. i love it- you can tell she is a littel sick- but she still looks adorable- i love the costume!
your mom came to supprt teri at the funeral and totally let me breathe for a little while. i was so grateful!
i love your fireplace! your house looks like it is really nice.
i love it when you post! i am always excited- but then a little sad because I know it will not be for awhile before i get to be excited again! talk to you later.
I know I am the worst blogger ever! I will really try to be better in the future. I guess I just try to wait until I have something fabulous to say! I knew that you were way busy when I was down with the funerals and videos and stuff so I didn't want to bug you! But we should try to get together when I am down for christmas or something!! When are you inlaws moving into their new house? I can't wait for them to be in my parents ward!
my in laws do not know whne they are movinh yet. they are hoping for it to be soon. they guys are moving really slowly with their house. it has been kind of frustrated. anways, yeah it would be great to get together when you come home for christmas. you were right in the fact that the week you were home I WAS SO CRAZY BUSY...i would have been sad knowing you were home and that i could not see you...so i am glad that i did not realize it. i hope all is swell!
i really should spell check better!
Abby's hat is so cute! I love hats on babies! Loved the picture of you and Abby, sooo cute! I love her little costume. Hope your doing well! -vanessa
you really need to dedicate a blog to abbys favorite aunt...
and put some of the pictures on there : / gosh. who says its all about you! haha jk...that picture of abby on the pumpkins....ive seriously never seen a cuter picture...actually...all hers are the cutest. but thats a top 5. I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS ON CHRISTMAS...gosh i even miss scott...and hes the one always making fun of me! haha. miss you guys<3.
love you.
-Katie
Post a Comment