Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Merry and Bright!!!!









Merry Christmas to all!! I absolutley love the Christmas season! Just the energy in the air is wonderful. And despite my So Cal upbrining, I love the cold brisk air and the snow on the mountains. Especially since the majority of the time I am inside my warm house!!!! We have had so much fun these last couple of weeks decorating our new house. I was finally able to get a pretty tall tree because of the vault in the ceiling. Its about 10 1/2 feet and looks just beautiful! We also put some lights on the outside of the house. Scott did such a great job putting them up. They are perfectly straight just like I like it! I was able to get our Christmas cards out this year which was a great accomplishment. You may be asking why I don't have a family picture on it and that is because we don't have any since abby was 6 months old. Much of our Family hasn't ever seen her so we wanted to make sure that we had an updated picture of her.

We have had such a great year! Its just crazy to think of what abby was like last christmas. She didn't hardly move back then! And nowat 14 months, she has such an active feisty personality. Everytime I start to complain about her getting into eveything I remember that there was a time we didn't even know if she would ever be able to walk and that shuts me up really fast!!! And now she is a pro!! We feel so blessed to have Abby in our lives. She brings so much joy to everyday, and she is so Healthy and Strong. She endured her surgery earlier this year so well and is certainly an example to all of us! She is doing so many fun things. She is just so excited about all the little things in life. She gasps all the time. Everytime we walk down a new isle at the store she lets out a big gasp like she is just amazed. Everyone thinks she is so funny!!! She is talking like crazy. She can even put two words together at times. She will say "Wheres Dad?" And put her hands to the side like she is asking the question. She says Hi to everyone and of course when she is upset its "Mamamamamamama". When you ask her a question she gives you a very exasgerated nod of the head to say yes and she Dances anytime anytype of music comes on! She is no longer a baby but I just love having the company and friendship of my little girl.

Scott is doing well in school and just really excited to be almost done with his masters degree (that makes two of us!) He has been working so hard to maintain his grades while making a good impression at his new job, and he seems to be doing that quite well. He is enjoying his job more and more everyday but can't wait until he has no more school and can focus more other things when he gets home from work. He has served in the Young mens for almost 4 years now. They really like him and he enjoys his calling even though it makes him super busy along with everything else. His favorite past time is playing games with Abby and teaching her new things. Even though he has so much going on he is still such a great Dad and wonderful Husband and we really appreciate all that he does for us!

I am just loving life! I try to keep myself busy with project after project and I just love to learn new things. I have been spending a lot of time trying to get caught up on Abby's scrapbook so I don't get too far behind. I also have enjoyed crocheting blankets and making magnet boards for people. I am also in Young Womens which keeps me really busy and involved at church. I love my new house. It has been so fun to have our own place to call home. We are really excited to get our yard put in next year just in time for abby to enjoy it! Abby keeps me an my toes and I really enjoy chasing her around all day!

We are so grateful for the support that we have been given by our friends and family this year. We hope that all is well with everyone during this holiday season and that your year has been just as happy and fullfilling as ours has! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

kellibelli said...

Maria! I love this post! After I read it I went and played with Davis because it just reminded me how amazing are babies really are. I love your tree too! Your house looks really nice. I am happy for you guys to have that. When does Scott get done with school? I saw all those presents under youtree and it reminded me that I need to get that done! I would love to see you when you come down in a couple of weeks. thanks for being so awesome! kelli

Vanessa said...

Fun Tree! That is so cute that she says "where's dad" Jackson is now clapping and Crawling. It is sooo fun seeing all the new things that our babies are doing! Can't wait to see you! -vanessa

woodjo said...

The stockings didn't stay like that for long......Abby likes to "undecorate" and play with ornaments and wrapped presents.