Friday, November 30, 2007

Ups and Downs

Life has been such a whirlwind lately. We were able to finish one of the rooms in our basement into another guest bedroom. We have Marc living in our other guest room so this made it so my parents had a place to sleep when they came up for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time with them here. It was so much fun! And such a break for me!
My brothers had Abby entertained every second of the day which was beyond nice! We did lots of fun things and watched a whole lot of Football! It was so weird to have almost my entire family here (we missed you kate!) and not have anyone sleeping on couches! I was so happy to finally show my Dad my house and all we have done to it. (Thanks for coming dad! I know it was a sacrifice and it meant more than you know.)
We Put up our Christmas tree this week . I love it! We always go to the same place to pick it out and we are never disappointed. This years tree is absolutely perfect. I hesitate to take a picture of it because pictures never do the Christmas tree justice! We also put up our Department 56 village. We are getting to have quite the collection, I honestly don't think we have room for anymore but It did turn out beautiful. I love the holiday season. It is absolutely my favorite time of year.

We have had a very emotional few days around our house. I recently started to see a fertility specialist. This was a big jump for us because our insurance doesn't cover anything fertility related, But we decided that having a baby was really important to us and we needed to do something. I found a doctor that does a different kind of in vitro that is more cost effective and is not as detrimental to your health as regular in vitro. He is one of only 3 doctors that does this type of treatment and his success rate is amazing. We went to see him and he diagnosed me with Polycystic Ovarian Disease. He basically told me that it was nearly impossible for me to get pregnant on my own and that we would definitely need some medical assistance. We came up with a plan for our fertility that consisted of some testing and quite a bit of money, but we had it all laid out to do the procedures in early February and hopefully be expecting a baby (or two) by late next year. I was so excited to actually know that there was a plan and that my stress level was not what was causing us to have trouble (my doctor confirmed that for me!) Then we had a huge set back this last week. The doctor I was seeing has had some accusations brought against him and it was decided that he would have to go to jail for a period of time. Now let me assure you, I wasn't going into the back of an ally to get these treatments. This doctor was nothing but professional and helpful to me. I don't know if there is truth to the accusations or not, but I was very disappointed that he would not be able to continue with our treatments. We did not loose any money or anything, just the hope that we would be able to have a baby very soon. So we are kind of in limbo about what we are going to do, I have an appointment with another doctor in a few weeks so we will see how that goes.
So Sorry to be such a downer but I thought for journaling purposes I should probably share what is going on.
I will be posting pictures of my tree in a later more cheerful post! so please stay tuned!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

When I heard about Dr. Andrews, you were the first one I thought of. I am so sorry about all of that. I feel partially guilty because I kind of told you about him. Let me assure you, I don't know you very well, but I know you are a great mom and you will have another baby soon. I know it. I know it sucks (been there done that, I have PCOS, too.) Enjoy Abby and being able to spoil her. You're a doll and you and Scott deserve a baby more than anything!
xoxo,
Shannon

kellibelli said...

I am so sorry Maria, I hope you find another solution soon. I love you, and you are an amazing mom. You will be blessed.


On a totally different note...we put up department 56 villages too...we have almost the entire new york collection and I love it....why am i not surprised you would do this too?

Vanessa said...

Your mom told me about it too. That is so heart breaking! I hope everything works out for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, its Katye Halterman (Raymond)! My friend saw Dr. Andrews before his accussations and he helped her as well. She is due with her twins in January... a boy and a girl after 7 years of trying (their first babies!) Anyways, she had another doctor picked out in Vegas if she couldn't see Dr.Andrews...let me know if you want his name, she got her reccomendations from her mom who is a certified nurse midwife and has to reccomend fertility options frequently. Good luck! By the by, I love your blog!