Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bad Blogger




I have just been a bad blogger lately. I just haven't felt like it to be honest! But I did want to get on here and let every one know that we are doing well and keeping busy! I have been taking pictures like crazy! It has been so fun but so busy! I am not going to lie... It has been rough trying to be the stay at home mom I want to be and getting all the work done that I need to do. Abby had been pretty needy lately and its been hard filling both roles. But I do love taking pictures.. and I love being her mom... so  we are able to make it all work!  It is really rewarding.  I am so glad that scott is so willing to support me in something that has become a little more than a hobby. He even encouraged me to get a new Mac computer! And I love it! It is so much easier to edit on and really makes taking pictures that much more fun! Thanks hunny! 
Abby is such a sweetheart. She just gets funnier and funnier every day! Lately she has wanted a companion in everything she does. I think that she is truly just bored... one of the many reasons I would have liked to have another child by now! She just loves to have company and loves sharing her experiences with someone. We have been trying to get her potty trained ( I know, I can't believe she is not either!) I think that it has just come down to a power struggle. She knows that I want it and she has all the control..... I do not know I how I got the most stubborn controlling little girl.. anyone have any thoughts on where she may have gotten that from? ;) So I am just giving her more time and trying not to push it! So hard but I am trying.  I just so badly want to put her in dance lessons and preschool and she has to be potty trained.. Oh well it will all have to wait. I love being her mom... she really is such a bright spot in my life. 
It has been so great having my sister around. She is such a help to me and we have so much fun together. I can't believe after all these years I finally have someone to share clothes with!  And I love it! I love having someone to send to the store all the time and not having to pay a babysitter when we go out on dates! Its wonderful!  Thanks for all your help sis! 
All in all things are going well. We are happy and healthy and that is what matters. I am so excited for the holidays.. I am already shopping for Christmas and Abby's birthday! So much fun! And I have already gotten the cutest costume for Abby for Halloween! I absolutely love this time of year and I am so glad to have the family that I do to share it all with! 

3 comments:

dede said...

She is SO CUTE... wow she looks so old... How fun to have your sister with you. I know i am so feeling the holidays.. so excited..

Everyone told me to wait til Preston was ready to go to on the toilet.. Literally one day he asked me how do I potty with my pants on?? And it was that easy.. Done.. I say let her be the boss... Oh and toys worked for us ha ha..

Cathi said...

I love this time of year too. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and this year I get to host a Halloween Party for my 8 year old grandson.
Abby is adorable as ever!

Nicki said...

I'm jealous, cherish every moment she wants you to play with her, not to say that you don't but I can't wait for Sadie to want me to play. So what is Abby going to be for halloween? I got Sadie the little pig costume from Chasing Fireflies, I'm so excited!! I miss you guys, I can't wait to see you next month!