
This last weekend Scott and I celebrated our sixth anniversary. I know that it is customary to write all the things that we love about our spouses on our special days... and while my husband is perfect and wonderful, we have had a rough year and i thought I would shake things up and say all the things we have survived in our six short years together.
-My teeth problems (4,000 dollars in the first 2 months of our marriage ahhhh!)
-My college graduation
-Trying to navigate through the island of oahu (the only time we fight is when we are lost!)
-5 job changes
-Diagnosis of a pituitary tumor (on me of course)
-16 months on clomid (total, if you have been on it you know why survive is the only way to describe it)
-6.5 years serving in the young mens program
-1.5 years as the primary chorister with neither artistic nor music abilities
-4.5 years in the serving in Young Womens
-Too many camp outs to count
-Playing Killer Bunnies (we barely survived this one!)
-pregnancy
-PUPS (Look it up... it was the worst thing ever)
-3 hours of pushing.... only to have a c-section
-the near death of our beautiful 3 day old daughter
- 3 months with Abby on a Apnea monitor that would wake us up in shear terror several times a night
-Abby's hip dysplasia
- Amputation Surgery on our 8 month old little girls toes
-Scott's Bachelors degree
-Scott's Masters Degree
-Having Scott's appendix out
-Building our house with our own hands (with a newborn and while going to school and working full time)
- Around 35 trips to California
-Diagnosis of me having Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
-5 Infertility doctors
-1 round of failed invitro
-Watching our little girl take her first steps and eventually walk perfectly (a miracle)
-Buying our first house
- Numerous trips to the emergency room (almost always sports injuries)
-1 month away from our little girl (we were in texas doing invitro.... absolute torture!)
It has been a whirlwind of ups and downs at times... but what makes me so happy is that looking back at the things that have been placed in our path that have been difficult... they have been things out of our control. Things we did not bring upon ourselves and things that have not had a negative impact on our marriage at all. We are closer than ever, have more respect for each other and more love than I knew was possible to have for one person.
I am so proud of Scott, his drive, determination, and all that he has accomplished. He treats me like a princess and I just love him so much. He is the most amazing husband and father I could ever dream of. Together I know we have great things in store for us, we have already created a miracle.... we have the most amazing little girl in the world. I can only imagine what more will come. I love you baby! Happy Sixth Anniversary!
5 comments:
Maria,
Happy Anniversary! I still remember the two of you sitting on the lawn in front of the condo in Provo talking on a blanket for hours and hours.
I really loved that you decided to list the things you have survived and learned from in your six years of marriage rather than just how wonderful it has all been. I learned a lot of things I didn't know! The last thing on the list says "one month away from our little girl." ? Are you adopting a little girl in a month? Explain!
Little Abbey is BEAUTIFUL and I love the photos you take of her. I'm so glad you have stayed strong in your marriage over the past six years and grown and become closer and wiser as a person and as a couple. Thank you so much for sharing all of this. It makes me feel not as "alone" in my trials.
Let's plan a roommate reunion soon!
Happy Anniversary!!! You guys have survived a lot in 6 years, but it really does seem to make you closer. I could not even imagine being on Clomed for 16 months. (2 was a nightmare)
Congrats Guys! I can't believe that it was more than six years ago that Jenny and I were peaking through the window watching you get engaged. Congrats again. It looks like it's been a rough, but great ride. Good luck in the all the years to come.
Clomid SUCKS, PCOS SUCKS, and you've overcome a loy of other things, too. Hey, just a side note, Korver's birthmom has hip displasia. Just remember, that which does not kill us, makes us stronger.
I was thinking the same thing BrieAnn! Congrats guys, I can't believe it's been 6 years!
Post a Comment