
Last Valentines Day I remember reading on a friends blog that in her house they make Valentines Day a family not couples day. To me that sounded like so much fun and we kind of took on that theme this year. Valentines Day happens to be my sisters birthday and so we went out to lunch with her and the rest of the fam (minus Whitney)... tucanos... so yummy! And then we spent the rest of the day spending time together... It was a great day of relaxation and napping. We got abby a few little valentines presents and of course she had an adorable dress to wear but other wise it was a very chill day.
At the end of the day when everyone (my siblings and their significant others) had left and abby was asleep my husband handed me a letter he had written me. It was unbelievably sweet and thoughtful. There is no other thing he could have given me for Valentines day that would have been more significant. I love that he can write his thoughts so beautifully and that he knows that it really means more to me than anything. I love him so much... seriously.. Everyday that goes by I am reminded that he is the perfect man for me. We have so much coming up in the next few months.... we are going on a cruise (so fun!), we have a family reunion, we are going to have lots of medical stuff going on ( I will let your minds wander...), Abby is having surgery again, and the list goes on and on. There is no other person I would rather have by my side.. through the good or the bad than Scott. I appreciate his patient and faithful approach to all of our trials and I know that together we can get through anything. I was reminded this Valentines Day of what is important in my life... that its not about the things we have, or do or even give, but it is about family, support, commitment and love. I hope that our simple, family filled Valentines Day was as memorable for him as it was for me.
2 comments:
That was so sweet of Scott. I don't think Allen would ever think about that. HAHA! Allen is cute to me in other ways though. It sounds like you guys had a great Valentines Day. I am so sad I had to work that morning. It would have been great to go to Tucanos with you guys. I love the idea of making Valentines Day a family day, rather than a couples day. Allen and I are going to have to start that. Valentines day is about showing love to those who mean the most to you...and that would be your family!
aww how sweet! letters and notes really are the best presents to get, better than flowers and candy any day!
Post a Comment