

I am sure that most of you have given up on me... I know that I have had a huge slump in my blogging lately. I promise I have good reason, and that someday soon the slump will come to an end. I do have so much to blog about.... really great and wonderful things. But we have so many other things going on.... the great things have been slightly overshadowed. But I can assure you they will have their day.... I will post about them all very soon!
For now... a tribute to my incredible daughter who is going in for surgery number 2 tomorrow. I feel so blessed that she is only in her second surgery... and it could possibly be her last.... but I can't help but be scared, worried and upset that she has to go through this.
She is the strongest person I know. It never ceases to amaze me how well she handles the trial that has been placed before her at such a young age. I have never seen a child so confident, so friendly, and so secure with who she is. I love that she is the one who brings up her "special foot" amongst the people that she meets. She loves to explain to them all about it and how it is what makes her special. I love when I see children look past it and treat her like everyone else. I love that they love her.
She means more to me than words can say. It pains me to know that she is going to be hurting, and that no matter how much we prepare her she can't know what is coming her way tomorrow. The timing of this surgery couldn't be better or worse. I have so much going on with my own health.... I am grateful for the distraction of being able to take care of this sweet little girl. I know that it is a huge blessing that this is going on when it is, i am excited to serve her and spend all my time making her comfortable and helping her get where she needs to go. I want to take it all away so bad....I love her so much.
Pray for my little girl, pray for me, pray for scott... he will be dealing with two grouchy girls! Thank for all your love and support, we feel it.
I will post pictures of Abby's pretty pink cast when we get home from the hospital in a few days.....
4 comments:
WE LOVE YOU ABBY!
it's good to hear from you. I wondered where you'd been lately.
Good luck with Abby's surgery!
xoxo
Abby will do Great I know it!!!!
let us know how it went...and how you are!
Post a Comment