Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just keeps getting better and better

Is that possible? I just can't believe how much fun it is to be the Mom of a five year old! I have been dreading this age for a long time. She is truly not a baby any more. She is a little girl. And I couldn't be prouder of the little lady she is becoming. I was reading on a friends blog the other day and she said that every year as her kids get older becomes her favorite age. This gave me so much comfort! And so far it has been true for me. She is seriously such a blast to be around.

A couple of tidbits of information about Abby at five:

She can read... Yup, She really can! Not all words but a lot of words and she is getting better and better every day.
Photobucket

Photobucket

She ADORES her American girl dolls. In fact, the other day she was asking me if we had a new baby, where would he sleep if it was a boy (if is a girl she would be in her room of course)... and I told her we have a spare bedroom next to her room that would be perfect. And then she looked at me all confused and said "but that is Kit and Ruthie's room!" Well how dare I think of displacing Kit and Ruthie... I guess we will have to think of something else!
Photobucket

Photobucket

She lives for our weekly date at our local cupcake parlor. OK, so we both live for our weekly date at the cupcake parlor. Its sorta our thing.. we get a cupcake or a couple of mini's and have a chat in the quaint little corners of "The Chocolate" our favorite place!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She still to this day has never left her room after being put to bed. I mean never... occasionally she has to go to the bathroom and she gets permission. But she has never gotten out without permission.
Photobucket

she loves the color purple. I guess love would be an understatement. Her world revolves around this color! Hence the Purple wall we drove an hour and a half to get to! Photobucket

She is completely OBSESSED with her Daddy... One of the Many things her and I have in common.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Her memory is out of this world! I can't believe the things she can remember. Just the other day she smoked me twice in a row at the memory game 24 matches to 18 matches, and then 16 to 26.... and I was trying!
Photobucket

She got new boots yesterday... we got into the car, she was wearing them and she looked at me and said "I look hot". Yikes... thats not good!
Photobucket

She knows every single song on the radio.... I mean every single one! She loves to sing with me in the car at the top of our lungs!
Photobucket

Photobucket

She is kind and nurturing. I love that she shares, that she loves to play with other children so much. She tries so hard to do the right thing all of the time. She is such a good example to those around her.
Photobucket

Photobucket


I love this girl of mine so much. She is my best girlfriend and such an incredible blessing in my life. Being with her I am reminded that Miracles do happen. I get to live with one every single day.... She has such a light about her. I want to be better because I have her. I know my Heavenly Father loves me... because of her. I know he knows me... because he gave me such a special person to get me through.

I love you miss abby... Happy Birthday!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pleasure it was to read that!! And I am so lucky to have the best daughter who has the best one of my grandaughters!!!Love you Girls!!!!! GRANDMA (regular)

Amy Baker said...

Well that was darling! The pictures, the words, all of it! What a special little lady for a special Maria!

katiebennett11 said...

Awesome post sis. I love it. You're so good with your words. Abby is lucky to have a mom like you. Love you.

Kirsta Silvey said...

Awww, sweet. She is a beautiful girl. It's nice to read updates about her and your family since we don't live in the ward anymore. I'm impressed with her skills! Reading at her age is awesome!

kellibelli said...

really cute to read and see pics...darling! great post! hope you are well!

Jake & Rachel said...

What a fantastic idea to have a weekly date, she will remember and cherish that forever! As I'm sure you will. Love the picture of the two of you together.