Sunday, January 06, 2013

Random Thoughts

It is crazy to think how much my life has changed in just 6 months. I honestly have a hard time remembering what life was like without little Cooper...  what I do remember was a much cleaner, calmer, quieter life... but also one that was much less sweeter too. 

There is honestly nothing that brings me more joy than watching Abby with him. She just loves this little boy. Some of my closest friends are my siblings. And having 5 younger ones around when I was growing up was how I learned to be a Mom. I am so grateful that Abby and Cooper have each other. I am so glad she can see me be a mom to a little baby... I hope she is able to learn a thing or too. And I really hope that by the time she has babies she will loose her aversion to smelly diapers! 

Cooper did go off oxygen... thank goodness! It was 4 weeks to the day of when he was born.... and it was the longest 4 weeks ever! Please do not take being able to walk around your house with your baby for granted... Oh my how I appreciate it now! 

From about 5 weeks old to about 9 weeks old he was quite the  cranky little guy. He would basically scream uncontrollably from about 4 to 9pm. He was very colicky but I think we have that helped out by changing his bottle. 

He just loves to be held and not bothered. But when he is happy he has a smile that will just melt anyones heart. He is going to be 11 weeks old tomorrow. Wow how time flies! He is starting to smile and coo a lot more. OH my how I love that! We have a regular routine and he has been sleeping through the night for the past month or so. 

He is in the 15th percentile.. so he is a tiny little guy. Weighing in at 11 lbs 4 oz when he was 2 months and 11 days. I have no arguments about that. I wish he could stay small forever. Realistically I know that it is unlikely that I will be able to have more children. This is a very sad thought for me. So I am really trying to take it all in. If I could freeze time I would. I am just enjoying every second that I can of being a Mom to these two little ones. 

I took these pictures of the two of them When Cooper was 7 weeks old... 



2 comments:

Paul/Heather said...

I am totally "one of those moms" that has NO desire to send her kids to school, get away from them, wish away the sleepless nights or dirty diapers. I LOVE ALL OF IT. I have learned to savor the cry for snuggles, the quiet time at night with just the two of us and even laundry. I LOVE folding the little outfits, washing out the dirt and stains from a fun lunch or day at the lake. I loved this post. Its all such a beautiful miracle. I'm happa happa happa for you all. (duck dynasty style)

Craig&Shannon said...

What a joy I recieved when I got your Christmas card! I am so excited that Cooper joined your family and what a lucky little guy he is to have you and Scott as his parents! What a beautiful sister Abby is! Thank you for sharing your joy with my family this season!

Lots of love
Shannon