Sunday, February 10, 2013

adjusting....

Not sure why the title of my posts are not showing up... anyway... the title of this one is Adjusting....
The other day my sister and I were playing skipbo... a recent obsession our ours..... and she reminded me of a story that I had forgotten... and I thought worth sharing.

So it was about this time last year that I talked Scott into starting the remodeling of our house. We were so excited. We took the month of April to Rip out the carpet and tile, and lay down black bamboo wood floors. We also painted the house, got new furniture and had some new and rearranging of some wall displays. Scott did an amazing job and I could not have been more pleased with the outcome... for a few minutes anyway...

After the furniture was delivered I was so excited for how everything came together. But then I found myself alone in my beautiful home.... depressed. And I spent a few days that way. I confided in both my mother and my sister... through tears.... that I was having a hard time being excited. I felt like the house did not look like the house of a mother... with small children running around. With toys splattered everywhere. It was too fancy... who was going to want to place their child for adoption to someone that had a house not suitable for small children?

Anyway... the depression passed eventually but it always sort of bothered me. When Katie reminded me of this the other day I had to laugh. Knowing what I know know... that I was 3 months pregnant when this all occurred.

Well yesterday as we were all hanging around in our pj's I took some pictures of my wonderful little family. A family that I would change nothing about. I love my kids. I love that I have a boy and a girl. I love that they are 7 years apart. And I love that they are both a testimony to me that miracles happen. And that Heavenly father is watching out for me... waiting for just the right moment to answer our prayers. I honestly would not give up that knowledge for anything. Our family is just how it supposed to be... and I think we have adjusted quite nicely....
House pre-remodel
House Post remodel

House post remodel... and post baby Notice the addition of a swing, bucket of toys, a quilt covering the ottoman to preserve it... and a huge thing of hand sanitizer... almost empty!


tummy time... 


I let her do this once... now she asks every time! 




Such a beauty-ful girl! 


You can say he looks like his Daddy all you want.. but this boy has his momma's eyes! 







1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I am so happy that my girl is content!! It brings such jot to read all this!!! I love ya girlie!!