Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Busy summer

I really am going to try and be better at this... DeDe has inspired me, you can be an inconsistant blogger and then become a good blogger so here it goes....

We have had such a busy crazy summer. It has been so much fun but just a whirlwind as well. We have been so lucky to have so much family come and visit and we even had Jeffery stay with us for about a month! It was so fun! I will focus on some of the highlights that i haven't already talked about.

For the first time in the three years I have been in young womens I was actually able to go to girls camp. It was a blast! I just loved being with the girls even though it was hard to leave Abby. Scott had scout camp that same week so my mom came and stayed with Abby and I knew she was in good hands. But back to girls camp. I had such a good expierience up there, I feel like I learned as much if not more than the girls did! Despite the fact that there is absolutely no electricity and the bathrooms are stone aged, I survived and even managed to make my cabin area pretty cute! I know I don't have very good pictures, I kind of tried to avoid the camera seeing as there are no showers up there! Yes, absolutely no showers for a whole week, nasty!

Soon after Camp we headed to our Wood family reunion at Bear lake. It was fantastic! We rented this big lake house for the whole family to stay in .... 23 to be exact (including Jeffery) and we were completely comfortable. We rented a boat one day, sat on the beach the other days, all wall doing a lot of shopping and eating raspberry shakes (it was raspberry days up there). The water was so beautiful, I have honestly never seen lake water that looked so blue! I hope that we have the chance to go again because it was really such a neat place.

Aj and Katie came up for a week to visit us as well. This was a second trip for Katie this summer and it was so nice. I love having katie around! She just loves to hang out and be with abby which is so nice. Abby was in love with Aj by the end of their trip. I felt bad for him because she would insist that he follow her everwhere. It was so cute! But thanks to Aj and Katie for making the trip up here! They are the best and I can honestly say that I have the best sister/friend in the whole world!

Well today we are headed down/over to California because Marc is comming home this week. I could not be more excited to have my whole family together again after 3 1/2 years! And more than that, I can't wait for hime to meet Abby. We have been practicing Marcs name for weeks and I think we've got it down. Allen and Whitney (Allens girlfriend) are comming with us and squishing in our little car so it should be a fun ride.... but well worth it!

So things are going well for us..... no baby news yet but to be honest I am dealing with it so much better than before. I am really trying to allow things to happen on the lords time and trying to enjoy all the blessings that I have in the meantime. I have found that as I have been more grateful for what I have, I have been able to not focus so much on what is missing in my life. It has been great to be able to move past of most of the depression that comes with infertility and relax. I just know there are more children in our future. Its just a matter of when so I am going to enjoy abby. She is for sure such a light in my life. I just love everything about her, even her curious, crazy personality. she is so much fun. That is all for now, I will be posting in another week or so when we get home from Cali!

1 comment:

Heather Walker said...

Maria, What a summer!! Can't believe it is almost over. Even more crazy is that Marc is coming home from his mission!! Hope you have a great time in California and tell the family hi!
P.S. CUTE Pictures!