I know it seems like we have been celebrating for a while, and we have, but today is actually Abby's birthday! I had no idea how emotional I would get last night and today. I just can't help but think of what we were doing 2 years ago and all the excitement that was brought into our lives the day Abby was born. I won't go into all the details, I have certainly done that before. But I will tell you that each day that goes by I realize more and more what a miracle she is. In so many ways. I know that she has a very special purpose on this earth and I can't wait to see all that she is going to accomplish in her life.
I thought since most of you don't get to see Abby very often, I would tell you a little about who she is at the age of 2......
She is the spitting image of her Dad in every way as far as looks go. And her attitude is 100% mom. I sometimes think together we are little much for him to handle! She is absolutely the most inpatient little girl ever, but all the while is as polite as can be. She uses Please and Thank you ALWAYS even if it is in the most demanding tone possible. She loves to read, and I think that I have read the first page of every book we have thousands of times. I have our books up high so she can't tear them apart and she brings me over dozens of times a day to get her books down. When I help her she takes her good old time picking out her books... sometimes several minutes which drives me crazy! She is extremely curious and can be caught giving a pretty serious scowl at times, that I have come to know as her concentrating on something. She is really not mad at all (most times)! She talks incessantly. I really truly can not get her to stop. She comes up with the funniest phrases, and the most interesting thing is that she uses them appropriately. Like when she says "That was so funny mom" when we are playing ring around the rosie and Scott falls to the ground. Or when she goes to get something and Says "I'll be right back". She often says to something "That is so cool". This morning when I was making her birthday Pan cakes she said "ooooh birthday cake". She is sooooo observant. That she gets from her Dad. She notices the weather, and if it is Dark or light outside. And if she doesn't understand something it is "whats that" until she does. She loves to count. She can count to 10 almost perfectly and I hear her counting to herself all the time! One of my very favorite things about abby is what a good "Mommy" she is to her babies. She takes such good care of them, honestly like they are real. I am always telling her that she is the best mommy.
I just can't even express the joy she brings to my life. I never knew that one person would be able to make me so angry and at the same time cause me to love her even more anytime she does something naughty. She really is my little friend and I love being around her so much. I can't imagine what my life would be like without having her around. I am so excited to see what this next year brings to our family! I love you little girl! Happy Birthday!
These pictures are from when Abby opened up her presents from her Aunt Katie, "Uncle AJ" and Grandma Bennett. Thank you guys for being so good to Abby. She really is so lucky to have so many people that love her so much! You guys are the greatest!




7 comments:
What a great tribute to Abby on her 2nd birthday. She is such a great little girl and she is so cute...thanks for being the best mom to her!
My Baby girl has grown up to a beautiful baby girl, and has been through so much, Abigail Lynn Wood is the strongest little girl ive ever met. She is very lucky to have amazing parents, and im grateful to have a big sis that sets a such good example for me by being the best mom in the world. I love you big sis.
Abby lynn, your the cutest smartest most beautiful girl in the whole wide world and I love you soooooo much you have no idea. and i cant wait to live with you! and i can take you to the parkk.. and to get ice cream and to tell ur mom not to get you in trouble even though sometimes you are a little stinker pot and ...to the pool and teach you how to be a swimmer, and me and your daddy will teach you how to dive...your mommy will be watching cheering you on.. : ) you will soon know why when u see her dive into a pool.
i love you my little abby lynn.
happy birthday sweet girl
love you sis
ur the best big sis ever.
well i guess im so stuck on abby being a little baby girl i said shes grown up to be a little baby girl haha.
abby lynn has grown up to be a beautiful LITTLE GIRL.
thats so hard for me to say by the way
Happy Birthday ABBY... How fun.. She is so adorable. That was such a sweet post.. I was nodding my head agreeing with all you said.. This is such a wonderful time and age... but hard too :) I love that katie said she will always be a baby girl...
it happens my niece jessica is 10 but she was the first and I still call her Baby Jessica.. she corrects me, but she has no choice she is the baby :)
Loved the cake and adorable decorations
I totally had tears in my eye while reading this post. I love the song you chose to play as we read it...yes I did notice that detail. I wish we could have talked more the other day. Was that abby's actual birthday? She is so pretty. You are such a great mom. Thanks for your good example. Lets talk soon.
I have so much fun watching this I cant tell you. I sure miss her!! I hear there are some cheap home in S.Cal right now!!!HaHa Might you consider a move? Love you guys MOM
why would they move down here when California is on fire. hahaha.
abby looks so freking cute in her outfit and with her dora ear muffs. haha.
i love it
love you baby girl
Post a Comment