Wednesday, August 06, 2008

update

First let me give my review on Stephanie Meyers latest book Breaking Dawn.... Oh how I loved loved loved this book! I so wish is wasn't over because it was so wonderful to read! I actually took my time reading this one (the other 3 I read in less than a day each). I just so didn't want it to be over. I love the way it ended and the whole book was just amazing.

Fertility update. I had my egg retrieval yesterday. It went well, I don't remember anything about it and I felt pretty good afterwards. I just had and continue to have a lot of bloating, kind of how you feel when you are nine months pregnant about to give birth... but with out the big belly... just lots of pressure, Other than that I feel good. I am also more than happy to be done with shots. All in all it wasn't so bad but my very last shot in my rear end was killer! So I am very glad to be done! They were able to retrieve 11 eggs. I at first was worried about this number but have been reassured over and over again that it is plenty and that we are in good shape so I am trying to trust the experts on this one! This morning we got a call from Todd the embryologist.. he said that 8 out of our 11 fertilized. One of them fertilized twice so they had to discard it. So we have 7 embryos... Again, I was worried about this number but my nurse says that is more than enough and we should have enough to freeze! That would be wonderful! So now we are praying that our little embryo make for a few days. We will find out tomorrow if it will be a three or a five day transfer depending on how they are dividing! So please please please continue to pray for us. I am currently trying to focus on being positive and not worrying. Not an easy task... but I know that Heavenly father is mindful of us and our situation right now and that everything will work out!

In the meantime Scott and I are trying to enjoy our little hiatus in Houston Texas. I have found that I really do like it here. We have gone to some pretty fun places and had some great food! Today we went to Galveston which I so loved! We walked along the beach and down the jetty. It is so nice to just enjoy so much time together. We picked out some sea shells for Abby and drove down the coast. It was a blast. We also went to Kemah and walked along Kemah boardwalk. It was such a fun place but was sooooo hot so we didn't stay to long. I will post pics when we get home and I can make them look cool!

We are so glad the Huricanne missed us by just a little bit! For a little while there it was headed strait toward us and it was quite the worry. All the businesses shut down the day before... it was kind of crazy! My egg retrieval was scheduled right as it was supposed to hit so we had to go in early to make sure we could get there. They were prepared with generators and everything just in case! All in all we just got a pretty crazy rain/wind storm and it wasn't so bad!

6.5 days left! I miss Abby more than words can express! She is such a sweet heart and I can't wait to see her! It is going to be so hard to not pick her up and cuddle her as soon as I see her! I have to take it easy for the first couple of weeks and not lift anything! Kind of a bummer after being away for so long! My sister continues to be such a good little mommy to Abby and I appreciate her more than she knows! My mom was even able to come visit for a few days to help out! That was so great of her! My sister also got a job today at pac sun! I am so excited for her! congrats sis!
Thanks to everyone for all of your love and support! It really helps us more than you can know!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I am so so so excited for you guys. I seriously can't wait to hear the good news. I am very hopeful that you will get it. My fingers remain crossed for you.

Heather Walker said...

I am always thinking about you! Let me know what the out come is. I will call you soon!

Nicki said...

I'm glad things are going well! You sound so positive! I'm so praying for you guys! love ya!

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

Sounds like everything is going well... I can't wait to hear the what happens when you are done with all your treatment.

kellibelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kellibelli said...

Ok! We have been gone and I am just getting caught up on everything. I am so nervous and excited for you. I really hope that it goes well. You are probably getting home today or tomorrow based on what this post said...I cannot even imagine the reunion with Abby. I miss coming to your blog and seeing the updated pics of her. She is so cute and I cannot even imagine being away from her for this long...I had a hard time being away just for the time we were in Seattle. I will be praying for you.

Celeste Dodge said...

Maria, what's going on? I need a new post! I've been checking everyday to hear how it's going!!