Thursday, August 28, 2008

The results


I am so sorry that I have not gotten on here and told everyone what the official results of the invitro were. I have actually known what it was for a little while .... every time I started to write the blog entry I just couldn't do it. I guess I was dreading disappointing everyone. So the results were negative. It didn't come as a huge surprise to me. I bled for 3 days and then I just sorta knew. Scott and I are both taking the news pretty well. It was hard for a few days but by the time we got the official results I think we had both pretty much accepted the outcome.

It is still very hard to understand and make sense of why we are having to go through this. So I have stopped trying. We both very much feel as though we are going to have another baby again someday. And we will keep trying until it happens. I am so grateful for all the thoughts and prayers of all of you. I have truly felt them lift me up when I felt the very most down. I cannot even tell you how many calls I have gotten from people who care for our family so much. People I have not talked to in years have poured out their love and support for us. Thank you all so much for everything. It truly has made all the difference.

I have moments where I feel as though Heavenly Father is with-holding a blessing from us.. but then I realize he is truly blessing us every moment. It is because of him that we can go through this whole process and then not fall to pieces when after so many sacrifices, we found out it didn't work. Scott and I both had total faith that it could work.. and it didn't. But we both know that there must be some reason why this is not what is in store for us at this time. We may never know why, but we know there must be some reason.

We have a plan as to where we are going to go from here.. I will be sharing it with you all as it comes.... but until then, I am feeling so grateful to have the family that I do. I cannot imagine what it would be like if I didn't already have Abby and we had gone to this extent to try and have a baby and it didn't work, that would be absolute torture. She is such a joy and really is what makes the whole process bearable and more than worth it. She is a constant reminder that Heavenly Father does love us and truly did bless us when we were given her to raise. I am going to relish in every moment as I enjoy being her mother. I love her so much.

So here we are..... after 3 weeks away from home, 35 self administered shots, 14 blood draws, 5 vaginal ultrasounds, 2 rounds of valium, more medications than I can count, gallons, of gatorade, many blessings and countless hours of thoughts and prayers... still not pregnant. But we end the process with a sincere knowledge that heavenly father does have a plan for all of us. He loves us and can help us get through anything he puts in front of us. Thanks again to all of you for everything!

12 comments:

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

Maria,

I am glad that you have such a good outlook on life and Heavenly Father. I know at times like this it is so hard, but it really does make us stronger people. You are such a wonderful women and I know that Heavenly Father loves you and the amazing job that you are doing with Abby. Thanks for sharing this experience with all of us. Your truly amazing.

Lyns said...

You've been in my thoughts a lot lately and now I know why! HUGS! You are AWESOME! I'm so so so sorry! I'll keep you guys in my prayers!

Kirsta Silvey said...

I understand how it feels to not be pregnant. But one of the best experiences I had was during a blessing where I knew that Heavenly Father loved me and would bless me with children one day when He knew the time would be right. And it happened! Huzzah for miracles. I'm just so happy that you have your beautiful daughter there to remind you how blessed you are and to comfort you. Keep on keeping on! I'd love to stop by and visit again sometime, so let me know when you're good with visitors!

Kirsta Silvey said...

Oh, and that's probably the most beautiful family picture I have ever seen. Seriously. It brought tears to my eyes!

Kirsta Silvey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
King Family said...

I have been thinking about you so much lately. I am so sorry to hear that it did not work. You have a great out look and you are right, Heavenly Father does havea plan for you and loves you and your family so much. You will continue to be in our prayers.

The Waldram Family said...

Maria,

I am so sorry to hear this. If you would like someone to talk to I might know someone! She went through two rounds of invitro and her family ended up adopting the most beautiful little girl. The girl's biological mother and my friend have an amazing relationship and they still speak to each other...they even go around to all of the high schools and speak to pregnant teenagers about the blessings of adoption and how it can be a great experience. I know sometimes it can help speaking to someone who went through a similar experience. Our thoughts and prayers are with you...please let me know if you need anything.

Love,

Lauren

Vanessa said...

Maria , I am so sorry to hear the news. I have been thinking about you this week , wondering about how you were doing? I am glad to see that you have a great outlook on life and faith in Heavenly Fathers plan for you. I hope everything works out for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Maria,

Remember I was an only child until I was almost 8. When my parents were finally able to conceive with Travis they thought that was it and then Taylor came along 5 years later. So I know how frustrating it can be. You are so strong and I am amazed by the positive attitude that you have been able to keep through it all. I love you and I am going to keep rooting for you.

Tara

BrieAnn said...

Maria,
I'm so sorry. I wish I knew some wonderful words of comfort for you. But all I can say is I know it will work out someday, and until then I'll keep you in my prayers.

BrieAnn

Anonymous said...

We love you guys and you are still in our thoughts and prayers! Thanks so much for sharing what is so personal.

dede said...

I love you Maria.. thanks for your testimony.. I know too that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us.. Especially your sweet sweet family. I know it will all be okay I just hope soon for you... Please let me know if you need anything.. you will always be in our prayers...