



I feeling a little overwhelmed today already... Its 8:30am. Its a good overwhelming feeling though... It has been one of those days where I woke up and my house is already clean, I was able to sit down a read for a good half hour with Abby and she didn't even leave...and I have just been touched by the blessings I have in my life. I know why I have had this sudden appreciation hit me so hard. It is because we are about to embark on an adventure. One that I know will be both mentally and physically exhausting for us. One that I know has the potential to bring us great joy or great sadness.
I have been thinking about it almost constantly... the thought of leaving my sweet Abby for two weeks. Some people may think this will be a nice break. Not for me. Being away from her for that long will be very difficult for me. She is such a light to me. Such a little sweet heart. I will so miss her hugs that she gives out so freely, and dancing with her to disney songs all day. I will miss reading her the same book over and over, and her saying "thanks mom" and "bless you". What I keep telling myself is that she is the reason we are doing this. It is for her and because of her that we want a child so badly. I honestly don't remember what life was like with out her, but I do know that I have never been happier. I so desperately want her to have the same experiences I have had as being an big sister. This too has brought me joy beyond measure. I just love my siblings so much and I count them among my best friends. I know she will be such a help to me and that it will teach her so much.
I am so grateful to have people in my life that are willing to make this burden of leaving abby just a little bit lighter to me. It is the hardest thing ever to try and find someone to virtually replace you for 2 weeks. Who will treat her just as you would, who will let her give them hugs every second if she wants it, who will put up with her sometimes demanding attitude, and who will treat her as their own? I feel so blessed to have so many people offer to help. My mom is coming for part of it, I know what a sacrifice that is for her and my family. And then my good friend is going to help me with the other part. She just adores Cindy. I think Abby would call the Davis family her best friends if she knew what that was. Cindy is always buying little things for Abby that she just loves. And I am so glad that I can leave know that the people who will be caring for Abby really love her. Allen and Whitney have been life savers more than once. And I love that Allen knows the exact routine we follow before we put Abby to bed, and he follows it to a tee. Even singing her I am a child of God before she goes to bed. He knows how important these things are to me. Scott's parents and Sister have also been wonderful and I know if she could my sister would be here in a heart beat.
Now you are probably all wondering when this is going to take place... and its not for another month. I know, I am for sure a worrier! I actually am going in two weeks for just a day and that is when I start my medications. And then two weeks later I leave for two weeks. The last week Scott will be with me. I know all the efforts that we are making will be worth it. If only so we know that we tried everything to have another baby. A part of me feels so confident that it will work... other parts of me are so scared that I am going to be so vulnerable to being disappointed. I know that whatever happens is part of Heavenly Fathers plan for our family. And I hope I can take whatever news I get okay. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive to our family during this time. I know that it is the prayers of myself and others who have gotten us this far.
14 comments:
I hope everything works out for you guys, I know how hard it is to make the kind of choices you have to make and I think you are doing the right thing. Hopefully the two weeks will go by quickly for you! I will be praying for your family.
Hi Maria! You certainly are blessed, Abby is gorgeous! We're keeping you guys in our prayers. We live in Corpus Christi, which is about 2 hours from San Antonio, 3-4 from Houston. Where will you be in TX again?
Maria these pictures are so cute! I can hardly wait to have a child for you to take such cute pictures of. You know Allen and I could help out while you are gone. We can switch homes again like last time. I know it's going to be hard on you. We are all praying for the best!
P.S. Abby is the cutest girl on the entire planet I SWEAR! :)
Sorry my one comment posted three times for some reason. So I deleted the other two...
I will be praying for you. I think that is a dred that all moms feel when they have to be away for an extended period of time. It is nice to know there are people who will love on her the way you would. You are blessed.
Maria, that was so sweet and touching. Your blog is so great! I think its because of all the journal writing we did...do. You are very good at opening up and sharing your feelings in words.
You really are blessed...so is Abby and Scott to have you!
~Heather
Good luck Maria, you and your little family will be in my prayers. I'm so glad your mom can stay with Abby for a bit. Spending time with my grandchildren is the highlight of my life.
Abby is so adorable! She truly is a beautiful little girl. I bought a pettiskirt like the one Abby is wearing for Kennedy to wear at Christmas. So fun!
It seems you have the best attitude for all that you are experiencing at this time in our life. You are going about it by staying true to your faith and that is a good thing. I wish you well.
I'm so excited for you. I hope all goes well for your sweet family. I know what you mean about leaving Abby. It's a nice break for about 2 hours, and then I always get so homesick whenever we leave them.
hey sis...ugh..i wish i could stay with abby for two weeks... i would come up a week early just to learn your routine even though it wouldnt even be close to how you are with her. you are thee best mom in the whole wide world. Or else you wouldnt be going through all this work... you deserve how ever many kids you want and they deserve parents like you and Scott...when your kids come to me when they are in trouble ( i know they will be because i will be their favorite) i will remind them how great of parents you are... (at the same time i will probably be more on their side) i love your daughter more then anything and i would do annyyything for my little girl. i only freking wish i could be there to watch her... we would have so much fun... im almost jealous that i cant. actually there is pure jealousy there.
anyway sis.. you will be fine. ur the strongest person ive ever met.. and so is abby...
(she gets some of that from me too)
i love you big sis and i know that you will be blessed, even if its not this time.
lovveee
youuu..
kate
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Everything will be fine, your so blessed to have so many willing to help. Of course you are the same, you would drop everything to help anyone so it's no wonder you have such good people around you. Love you so much!
Post a Comment