Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Faith as small as a zinnia seed 4/52

A couple weeks ago we planted zinnias and tomatoes for family home evening. Not kidding you three days later they had sprouted..... that didn't take much faith did it....I thought to myself. Or did it? My little Abby has been so excited about her zinnias. Seriously I have not been able to contain her excitement. Me on the other hand...I had my doubts. I had never grown anything from seeds before and frankly I have what ever is the opposite of a green thumb. But they sprouted. Abby"s faith never wavered... but mine did.

Lately Abby has been saying her prayers all by herself... no help at all. I love hearing her incorporate the things we say in our prayers into hers. To day she said to me "Mommy my prayers were answered". I said "oh yeah... How? " She replied " I asked that you would be feel better... and you do!" That is true abby...so true. I sure hope Abby's testimony of prayer continues to grow. I love that she recognized an answer to her prayer... I know that if she considers to do so she will receive the desires of her heart.

The first thing that she always prays for is that Her mommy will have a baby soon. I hope and pray that Heavenly Father answers this prayer, if not for me... for her. I love this little girl. I love how her faith strengthens my testimony. Faith as small as a zinnia seed......

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

faith is like a little seed! i love these pictures :) so cute sis.

Whitney Bennett said...

I cannot believe how mature Abby looks these days. She is ABSOLUTELY the most beautiful little girl in the entire world! I love how you post these pictures with you and her. I look forward to seeing your new pics each week! Keep them coming! :)

kellibelli said...

it was great seeing you recently! abby and you both are so beautiful! We are going to start growing things too! Fun! I love that she recognized an answer to her prayer...whenever Davis says stuff like that I have to just stop what I am doing and go and squeeze him for like 10 minutes,,, adorable.

Classicphotos said...

I am the luckiest Grandma in the world!!! Love you Guys!!!