Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Nursery Drama... Not this girl!

Let me preface by saying, I am not denying that my child did any of the things that are going to be in this blog entry.... I will not be that mom!

So last week as we were about to say the closing prayer in Young womens at the end of church, I get pulled out of class by one of Abby's nursery leaders. She had Abby with her and as I came toward her she Said " We need to talk". I knew immediately that this had nothing to do with a dirty diaper.....

Her nursery leader, who happens to be the most negative person ever (with only 1 child who is 17!) proceeds to tell be that Abby had pushed and poked and that she is no longer welcome in nursery until she can behave. Yes.... she used those exact words! My response... Okay. And then I turned and walked away, went and got Scott, got in the car and bawled for about and hour and a half! Now, as I said before, I believe that abby probably did push and poke, she was very hyper that day and I can totally see her being crazy. But last time I checked, she was two! Let me also add that in the 15 months that abby has been in nursery, never once have I had a single complaint about her behavior, and now she is kicked out! You have to be kidding me! Now keep in mind, this was not a visit to tell me that Abby was to hyper to be in nursery that day, church was over so this was to make a point for the future... Also, my brother and my husband had walked by separately just about 45 minutes before this had happened, they both reported that abby was sitting on her mat and being very good when they had walked by. Now this is my question to you... What kind of H&$@* could my daughter have raised in 45 minutes to justify being kicked out of nursery indefinitely? My husband was very upset at what happened, and I was obviously an emotional disaster.... We have since gotten things worked out with the primary president, she told me to disregard what the leader had said, and she was able to got to nursery this last week.

Now a few extra tid bits of advice.....
- a warning would have been nice
-last time I checked, most two year olds have their moments of pushing and poking
-don't tell me that my child has never been pushed or poked in nursery before
-I have never kicked a single young woman out of my class when they were miss behaving, oh yeah, that is my calling now isn't it!
-after talking to the Bishop... as a nursery leader, you don't have the authority to kick kids out of class "until they can learn to behave"
-when the mother of a disruptive child is going to do invitro and leave her daughter for 3 weeks, and is already an emotional disaster, go talk to the dad!

Please tell me some of you have had a similar situation happen to you before!

Now to remind you of how cute the girl who got kicked out of nursery is.....







9 comments:

Amy Baker said...

Oh my gosh. What a ridiculous story. I was cracking up because you told it so well. Abby is a doll. I love the pictures, as always. Love you guys.

Amy

Cathi said...

That nursery leader needs to take a valium and be called to serve in Cub Scouts!

The Waldram Family said...

What?!!! This is crazy...one day of pushing and poking is nothing. My nephew's good day consists of "he only hit once today":) Yes, if Abby was really that bad the leader should have just pulled you aside and ask to either help in the nursery or keep her with you. My nephew (and you have heard the stories:) has never been kicked out. I would seriously talk to the Bishop because it sounds like the nursery leader may not have the patience level required to be in nursery.

Joni Gardine said...

Hey Maria,

Drama is right. I can't believe that! The leader probably had a stressful day or something. I'd have Scott peek in every 10 minutes next Sunday.

Good luck with the IVF! I'll be thinking of you.

Joni
modernmyrtle.com

Anonymous said...

Is that lady the only nursery leader in there? Did you talk to whoever else was in there to get the whole story? That's crazy! This is the crap that people leave the church for and I get a bit annoyed (to the point of using the word crap ;) when people are that inconsiderate! Lame lady! You aughta step on her toes!

Good luck with invitro! You'll be in our prayers!

Shannon said...

Honestly, the nerve of some people. I've been in nursery before and have had kids with far worse behavior than that. Come on, honestly all 2 year olds have their moments and it's no reason to kick her out of nursery. I've been around Abbey and she is sweet. I'm sure that for the most part, she is well behaved. This lady sounds like she's ridiculous.

Nicki said...

Tears are welling up in my eyes sorry I have to laugh at the thought of kicking little Abby out of nursery. Who is this lady? Can someone just make her the Hymn book coordinator and put her out of her misery?

The Waldram Family said...

How did Sunday go?

kellibelli said...

That is a crazy story! What??? Who does that??? I am sorry, I would have bawled too. Abby is so sweet that is ridiculous.