
After Abby got sick of watching the kites we went over and played at the playground. Its so nice this summer because don't have to right next her while she plays!





Abby made a friend at the park I am not sure what his name is but he was so sweet to her. He must of been about a year older than her, but he sure liked to play with her. There was one point when they were really high up on a slide and her shoe came off. He sat up there trying to put it on for like 10 minutes! It was so sweet. What really warms my heart is that it was her foot with her birth defect that had the shoe come off. When they got to the bottom he was kind of looking at it, and I asked him if he saw her owie and told him that she was born with a birth defect. He just looked at me for a second and said "Lets go again Abby!" It just makes me so happy because I know that she will be teased at some point, but I also know that kids are so sweet and they can look past those things. I am so glad that this little boy showed me that!

When the little boy left my niece Emma showed up. Her and Abby are the best of friends. Even though she is about 3 and a half years older she just adores Abby and Abby just adores her. I can't wait for when school is out and she can come play with us more often!
3 comments:
you live in such a beautiful place and have the cutest little girl. how blessed you are.
Abby is so adorable!!
When children are little they are very "a matter of fact" and "whatever". It's only when they're older that they can be "mean". When our children, grandchildren get to that age we have hopefully built their self esteem to the point that they will think "whatever" if someone isn't exactly as kind as they should be. Wow, was that a ramble?
How fun, I haven't flown(?) a kite in so long!
Post a Comment