Sunday, January 27, 2008

Brownie Mix







Anyone who knows me knows that this is not something I normally allow. I am very in to keeping Abby as clean as possible. But I had some experiences this morning that have really inspired me. Let me share..... I woke up with Abby this morning and I had an email from my friend Jen who just moved to Tokyo. She was letting me know of a photographer that she found that she thought I would enjoy looking at. I went to the blog site and spent the next hour and half reading the photographers story. She had lost her daughter just last year and blogged about her frequently. She is such a beautiful writer. I read the story of her daughters passing and was deeply moved at the love the mom had for her daughter. I was struck at the similarities between her and I. Things that reminded me that this could have to us. Just small things like living next to her in laws and letting her daughter watch Dora every morning. But I was also so inspired because this women relished every moment with her daughter when she was living. She let her be a kid and she captured every moment on film. So as I was reading the story at 8:00 this morning Abby came and asked me for Brownies. We didn't have any but I thought why they heck not. So Abby and I made some Brownies. In honor of Ava and her sweet mom. And Abby got to lick everything! It was so fun And I am so glad I caught some pictures of it. I am so grateful for sweet reminders of everything that I have. I would encourage you all to read her blog and the story of the little girl. I would recommend reading the first website first. It will give you a better understanding of the situation. Just be prepared to cry.... After reading so so many of this womens blog entries I can only think of how blessed I am to have the knowledge that I do. I know that if she had the knowledge of Eternal families and that she could live with her daughter again, it would bring her so much comfort and even joy.

http://avarosemeyer.memory-of.com/
http://www.sheyerosemeyer.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That is so sad. I just got done reading her webiste about her sweet little girl. It really makes you think about how short this life really is and how lucky we are to know what we know.