Last night I got a phone call from a friend telling me that our roommate from college had lost her two year old daughter. I was stunned when I learned that she had choked on a piece of apple as she was leaving church and they were never able to revive her. I spent the night last night looking through her blog at all the memories that she had with her little girl. It was so crazy that her blog entries went from having her Lucy in her every day life, and then all the sudden she didn't. This caused me to reflect so much on the blessings in my life. As I was reading about this tragedy I was very emotional and Scott came in and just told me that I needed to go be with Abby. I simply cannot picture a life without my little side kick following me around. I cannot imagine what my friend is going through right now, but I know that I will cherish every moment with my wonderful Abby even more.
This Morning as I opened up our blinds Abby said to me "Mommy its a beautiful day! Sing its a beautiful day!" It took me a second to realize that she wanted me to sing its a beautiful day in the neighborhood from Mr. Rodgers. Abby and I have lots of songs we sing, most of which have to do with the sun. I just love that she lets me be goofy and sing about random things all day. Singing is one of the fondest memories I have with my Grandmother. She always had a song for everything, and that is how I want my family to be. Thanks to Abby's love of my horrific voice I know that it will be.
2 comments:
That is so sad. That breaks my heart for your friend, but it makes me so grateful for my little Kenadee.
Maria, I am so sorry for your friend. My heart just breaks for her. I found her blog through yours and just sat and cried for her. Lucy is so beautiful. After seeing a small part of the pain of my brother in law and sister in law when they lost their baby my heart just breaks. Such a tragic accident that can happen in a second. A book that was recommended to me and my sister in law by a therapist friend that I loved is called, "Jesus Wept" by Joyce Ashton (I think her name is Joyce). It has been so good for me in understanding what Julie is going through, but it's also been good for me with our infertility. I would highly recommend it to you and your friend. I hope everything goes well for you and your family.
Celeste
Post a Comment