Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Decorating Eggs

I was way busy when we got home from the zoo. I was making what has become a tradition in our family... the infamous... jello beans! I would encourage all of you that have contemplated taking on this tradition to quickly dismiss it from your mind, as it has become a huge pain in my rear end over the years. It takes hours and hours... in fact when I only had one mold I would spend 12-15 hours making jello beans. This year I was smart and bought 2 more trays so I only spent 5 and a half hours making them. This year I decided to keep track of how many i made... Drum roll please........ After 18 boxes of jello and hours of work....... 1492 jello beans. I am crazy I know! But my family loves it so what can I say.

Because of the jello bean craziness Katie took over the decorating of the eggs this year. She did a great job especially considering how much "help" she was getting from Abby. Scott also joined in on the fun of the decorating. He took it very seriously. I won't go into details lets just say he tapped into his feminine side! Thanks for your help guys!!!




1 comment:

King Family said...

You are so dedicated to make all those Jelly beans. They look super good. you shold make those for one of our girls nights!