Thursday, March 06, 2008

What a nice day!

I had a bit of bad news yesterday.... and I figured at some point I needed to get used to the bad news. So yesterday I decided to take Abby and have a fun girls day out. Scott didn't come home for lunch because he was playing basketball. So I took Abby to this new place that is a Kids Cafe. They have all kids food (with some adult food). they even serve the kids food in this really cool dog bowl. And they have a play center in the middle. So Abby played while I read. It was really fun for us and I would like to do it more often.
Then we went next door to the place I was thinking about sending her to Preschool. It was absolutely amazing. Everything was decorated and designed after a European town. When you looked in a classroom it was like you were looking in a window shop of an old village. They had little windows with dolls having tea parties. They had a full functioning kitchen, all kid sized. And a two story, walk-in tree right in the middle. I was so impressed and Abby seemed to love it. I guess technically it is a private school and she could actually go to kindergarten there if I want to pay for it. The plus side to that is that she could start when she is four and not be the oldest one in her class. After going to kindergarten there she could go to 1st grade at a public school. Now this is all depending on if she is ready of course, but i think that it is nice to have as an option since she misses the cut off for public school by about 6 weeks. So anyway, I think I am either going to start her in the summer or the fall depending on how things are going. I am excited because I know she is just going to love it. And it will give me some time to do the studio photography I have been wanting to do.
When we got home I was talking to Scott on the phone and all the sudden I heard my garage door open. And Scott was home! He took the afternoon off to be with me. I was so happy! So we put Abby to bed and read for like 2.5 hours. It was so wonderful and relaxing. Thanks babe for doing that for me! It was much needed!
Then to sum up a great day I went and saw Heather's new baby. So beautiful! He is seriously the most beautiful little boy ever. And such a sweet heart. I was able to sit there and hold him for like and hour and a half. It was such a fun experience to talk to to Heather now that she is a Mom. It is something that has brought me so much joy and I am so glad she can now have that experience.
So my not so good morning turned out to be a wonderful day. Thanks to a sweet little girl, a wonderful husband and good friends. Thanks everyone!

6 comments:

Whitney Bennett said...

Ah cute! It sounds like Abby would love that place. And way to go Scott. BY the way yesterday I called Allens phone and Scott answered it and I didnt realize. I said "hey honey" and then he say "hi how are you"...and I paused and was thinking oh my gosh it is Scott! So yeah it was a little awkward and Scott started laughing and gave Allen the phone and told him I called him honey. Funny eh?

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

Maria,
That preschool sounds amazing... Where did you find that? Sounds like you had a good day after all and it is good to here.

Shannon said...

Where is the restaurant you took Abby too? I would love to take my girls there. It sounds like fun.

Nicki said...

I won't find anything like that out here in CA. I'm excited Heather had her baby! Vanessa is having her baby right now! Call me!

Sara said...

Hi Maria :)
Amanda showed me your blog. It's fun to see pics of you and your family and see what you're up to!

Jennifer Napierski said...

Cole went to Kid's Village. I'm assuming that is the preschool you are referring to. We loved it. The drop/pick up is great to because you just drive around back and they do everything else. Don't have to leave the car! Luxury. I thought about putting Ava there when we get back. It's too cute!!!!!