We have a few new things happen this week.... Scott was offered a new job! It was actually kind of a funny experience. We got a phone call from the head of the business office at UVSC. Scott thought he was calling to set up an interview and when he called him back he was surprised to find out that they didn't even want to interview him for the job. He was offering it to him right then with out an interview. Scott had worked there before Tahitian Noni about 2 years ago. This may not seem like such a big deal because he had worked there before, but working for a state organization there is so much red tape to do anything and everything has to follow protocol. But apparently he had permission from the vice president of the collage to offer the job to Scott. Scott was really excited. Right now he is working in purchasing, and while he loves the people he works with he doesn't really love the work. He really wants to do more that has to do with accounting. The UVSC position is as a Senior Accountant over all of Accounts payable, travel, and several other things. He will be getting great experience there. And in the long run it will definitely benefit. It is so hard for Scott to switch jobs. He hates to leave the people he works with, so it was so hard for him to put in his two weeks on Friday. We have both made such good friends through working there and hopefully through blogging I can still keep in contact with all of them!
Also new.... as you can see in my previous posts, I got my studio equipment! I got it on ebay so you never no what you are getting, and I am really happy with all of it. Now if I could just figure out what I am doing! I really would like to focus on getting better at studio photography so I can do it from home. I hope to be really good at it eventually. If I could only get my number one subject to sit still!
My sister is coming this week! I can hardly wait! We have so many fun things planned! We are going to get her prom dress while she is here. And Of course there is Easter. Any holiday where I can justify getting Abby a new dress is for sure a favorite! And I can't wait. We are even doing Breakfast with the easter bunny up at the zoo on Saturday! It should be fun. Soon after Kate leaves my best friend from home Nicki is coming to stay with me for a few days. So I have so many fun things planned! It should be a wonderful time for our family with friends, family, a holiday, and a new job to look forward to!
3 comments:
If you ever want to practice on different subjects, you can use my kids. Alexa is really photogenic and she would be really easy to direct since she's 12.
I am so happy for Scott, starting a new job is always scary so I wish him the best.
Thats great you have all those fun things planned, the zoo thing with the Easter bunny is really fun hopefully its good weather!!!
Congrats on the new job! How great for you guys!
My Abbi is very photogenic as well and she loves to pose for pictures, so feel free to use her. I could bring her over anytime (hint, hint.) Jeff is sad to see Scott go, but knows it will be a great experience for him at his new job. We wish you the best!
Post a Comment