Sunday, February 03, 2008

New TV!






WoooooHOooooooo! I have been wanting a new TV for a year and I finally have one! I have to tell you. I really don't care that much about tv. But I do care about how my TV looks in my entertainment center I got last year. And I have hated every second of having my ugly square, silver Tv in my pretty entertainment center. I am so excited that last night, kind of on the spur of the moment we bought a new one! My husband struggles with buying things spontaneously, so it was a stretch for him but we were both so excited. I have attached some before and after pictures.

A few disclaimers, abby is a little girl who likes routine. I will take the credit for that. I will give her Dad credit for getting her into so pretty annoying habits. First she watches Dora every morning. Hence Dora being life size on our new TV. Also, he has gotten Abby to like sleeping with three blankets, 2 stuffed animals, 2 babies, and a stuffed Dora. Oh and a pillow. What has happened is she would get in the habit of sleeping with one or two of these things and then we would leave them somewhere like California, and she would then get in the habit of sleeping with other things. Then when the old things returned she would sleep with all of them. Next annoying thing, she makes you bring every one of these items out to the couch so she can have them while she watches Dora. I am way anti-clutter so this makes me crazy! I can barely hold all of these things, and then I have and ugly mess on my couch until sometime during the day I an sneak them back into her room. Which let me tell you is not an easy task. My last disclaimer... why are there pink streamers on the top of my entertainment center. Well, I tried to follow the Dr. Phil method of potty training. Which includes throwing a potty party after a doll goes to the bathroom. Well we had a princess potty party with balloons, streamers, cakes, princess everything and even party favors. The whole point is to want them to want to have a party for them so they will go in the toilet. Well this hasn't worked, but I have the streamers on my entertainment center so they can be ready at a moments notice. Along with an extra cake in the freezer and party favors, plates ect. I know I am crazy! That is the end of my disclaimers! Long story short, i love my new tv! Woooooohooooooo

3 comments:

marc said...

Wow what a nice TV, so is that a panasonic symbol I saw, I would of thought with such a long accompanying story you would have at least mentioned the model and size, if it was plasma or LCD or anything, but I guess I will see it in a few hours anyways

Shannon said...

Totally understand what you're going through with the whole sleeping with stuff thing. Currently Hallie sleeps with a pillow, 2 blankets, stuffed dog, stuffed white cat, 2 stuffed pink cats, striped cat and a yellow stuffed duck. She packs everything around all day. It drives me CRAZY!

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

Your so funny! You sound like me with the whole clutter thing I hate it...stuffed animals are the worst because they are a waste of space.
Your new TV looks really nice in your entertainment center.Our TV is almost identical and now we don't watch TV in our room because its to small. ")